AUSTEN: THE COMPLETE NOVELS (Unabridged Fiction) (Naxos Audio Books: NAX27412)
Usually ships within 1-3 days
The six great novels of Jane Austen represent one of the most remarkable legacies of Western literature. Confining herself to the restricted milieu of a section of English Regency society, Austen created a vivid picture of individuals and relationships that somehow speaks across centuries and continents. With the help of some lively film and television adaptations, the distinct characters of Elinor and Marianne (Sense and Sensibility), Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice), sensible Fanny Price (Mansfield Park), Emma, Catherine Morland (Northanger Abbey) and even gentle Anne Elliot (Persuasion) are all recognised as heroines in their own way, succeeding in the quietly combative whirl of class and marriage.
In the hands of great readers, these masterpieces are lifted off the printed page and communicated with an immediacy that offers an unparalleled opportunity of getting to know them.
In addition to the well-known novels there are three which are often overlooked: Lady Susan (the sharp, racy, epistolary novel), and The Watsons and Sanditon, which, though unfinished works, have glimpses of the writer's wit and acute observation. This is a set to cherish and keep in the family.
1. AUSTEN, J.: Sense and Sensibility (Unabridged) NAX36112
2. AUSTEN, J.: Pride and Prejudice (Unabridged) NAX35612
3. AUSTEN, J.: Mansfield Park (Unabridged) NAX46712
4. AUSTEN, J.: Emma (Unabridged) NAX39412
5. AUSTEN, J.: Northanger Abbey (Unabridged) NA742712
6. AUSTEN, J.: Persuasion (Unabridged) NA743612
7. AUSTEN, J.: Lady Susan (Unabridged) NA222812
8. AUSTEN, J.: Watsons (The) / Sanditon (Unabridged) NA428112